Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twofer

Yesterday , Monday, we did triangle and armbar counters again, but this time, I was paired with the new girl. I don't really mind drilling with girls, but she was so timid and stuff, so I didn't feel right doing my thing. Got my ass whooped live. Got choked from half guard. Note to self: being mounted is better than being choked. I did manage to pass someone's guard though, so it's not a total loss.

Today was a no gi class. We reviewed sprawling and learned another way to sprawl. Then we worked guillotine counters to double legs (I don't think these would work unless their double legs are really slow) and guillotine defense. We finished off with one guy shooting, other guy trying to guillotine, and original guy doing the defense. I had like. Half a roll today. My mommy picked me up, lols.

I guess I should let you guys know more about me. I'm 16, and I don't have a car. Nor am I insured. My mom gives me rides. I train Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Tuesdays we alternate between an amatuer muay thai guy (it's more of a crash course than a class) and no gi. I think gi is more fun.

Saturday is easier cause usually on the other days there's an advanced class after so a lot of the advanced class guys go to both classes, which explains how I got the cool sweeps I described in my first post. It's okay though. A sweep is a sweep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment