Monday, October 26, 2009

Mount

I went saturday but I don't feel like writing about the class. One thing to note though is that during sparring, the guy attacked the kimura from side mount, and I couldn't reach my belt so I grabbed my pants. But he didn't let go and I felt my pants ripping, so I had to let him take it :(

Did mounting, triangles from guard, and shoulder locks from side mount today. Coach paired me up with Jamie again. I dunno why he thinks I'd make a better partner for her. It was weird cause he pulled me out after I started drilling with another guy. Anyways, after class, we did live drills, which is like mini sparring. We start in a position (today it was side mount) and the guy on top tries to submit or mount, and the guy on bottom tries to escape. Whoever wins takes the bottom and tries to escape from the next guy in line.

The first time was tricky cause I swear I had a shoulder lock (one with the feet from a scarf hold. I dunno the name of it) but he wasn't tapping, so I gave it up and tried to mount, but he pulled me into half guard. I did a legit half guard escape, which makes me happy, and then I tried a kimura, failed, and mounted.

The second guy was that big black 200+ pound guy, and I was on the bottom of him. He tried some weird shit which is gay cause anything would work for him since he's a tank. He tried to pick up my legs or something, and I was gonna try to triangle (the way he was grabbing my leg, it seemed pretty easy), but then he tied to mount, so I pulled half guard. I almost got full guard, but he pulled me back into side mount and then went for the full mount, but I bumped and got up to my knees. Almost side mounted him too. Made me feel like a beast being able to get a side mount escape on him cause he's freaking huge.

I was actually expecting some sort of compliment from coach, but I got nothing :( It's alright though. I hit 30 classes which is a stripe prerequisite so things are looking good for promotion. Hopefully I'm good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment