Saturday, October 17, 2009

First post

I've been doing bjj for almost 3 months, and today was a good day.

We did a bunch of triangle and armbar counters to guard passes. We also did a "self defense" move where you break the wrist of a guy trying to choke you. I think learning that stuff is lame since you can't use it when you roll.

I managed to get a crazy sweep when going live today. I dunno what it's called, but it's similar to the tomoe nage throw, and it's when you have guard, the guy stands up, you plant your feet on his hips, you throw him over your head, and land in mount. Pretty much made my day (or year). If you know the name of that sweep feel free to tell me.

I also got a pendulum sweep from a failed armbar, but that's not as cool.

We have promotion every six months, and the next date is November seventh. Hopefully I'll get a stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment